On this week's episode, we take a good, long look at Android Auto (and a sidelong glance at Android Automotive) including the technical nuts and bolts of how it works and the seemingly immovable burdens that present when Google partners with automakers.
We're joined by Emil Borconi-Szedressy, a co-developer of the nifty AAWireless dongle to enable wireless Android Auto in otherwise-incompatible vehicles and the creator of the Headunit Reloaded app which enables Android Auto in aftermarket head units.
- 02:27 - How were in-vehicle infotainment systems coming along prior to Android Auto?
- 08:56 - What are the experiential differences between Android Auto and Android Automotive?
- 17:30 - What is the essence of Android Auto? How does it work?
- 31:03 - What happens on the Android device when Auto is turned on?
- 40:17 - What does the future look like for Android Auto?
Android Bytes is hosted by Mishaal Rahman, Senior Technical Editor, and David Ruddock, Editor in Chief, of Esper.
For more about Esper, visit us.