How does Esper build on Android with Foundation?
Published on: 18th April, 2022
On this episode, David and Mishaal chat with Esper's very own Varun Chitre about Foundation, the Android distribution we provide to our clients for use on their fleets of various machines be it a kiosk or a walkie-talkie. We begin with the basics of why you'd want to deploy a new OS on new hardware — because we all know how enterprise fleets cling to life well past their "use by" dates.
- 0:35 - What is provisioning and how do you do it efficiently when you have hundreds of devices to set up?
- 6:03 - What are the key differences in managing provisions with BYOD versus corporate-issued devices?
- 16:39 - What are the challenges in servicing these devices with infrastructural services from different sources including Google, device makers, and AOSP?
- 29:49 - What security risks come with a lack of over-the-air software updates?
- 33:33 - Is it possible to get a robust Android experience loading it onto old Windows machines you might already have?
Android Bytes is hosted by Mishaal Rahman, Senior Technical Editor, and David Ruddock, Editor in Chief, of Esper.
For more about Esper, visit us.